Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mendocino and the Language of "Bananee"

On Friday, my family went to Mendocino. We'd been going there for 3 years, so this was the fourth trip.
On the way, it was long, boring, and positively horrifying. Luckily, it all payed off when we got there.
When getting out of the car, my legs were shaky, since I had been sitting for about the last half hour. But, in a matter of minutes, the feeling wore off. I walked up the path with my family to check on our favorite cabin, and no, it had not been claimed yet. My mom Shelley tied my long-sleeve shirt, which I had taken off during the drive so I would have only my short-sleeve one on and, therefore, be cooler.
The temperature in the nighttime wasn't so bad, but it the morning, it was freezing!!!!! I ate breakfast, spent a while at the dining hall, and then went to the river, where I learned to paddle and steer a kayak. We came back and ate dinner, then roasted marshmallows.
Next morning, it was freezing again. I ate breakfast, then hung out at the dining hall. Soon, I went to our cabin, cabin 14, and then we were ready to drive to the lake. It was windy there. I kept giving Baby Theea rocks to suck on.
We back to our cabin.
The next morning, I played with Baby Theea again. Her mom told me about the time when Kenna, my little sister, came into their cabin and talked to Corra, Theea's big sister. They talked completely ridiculously, and they could still understand each other! Corra and Theea's mom called this language "Bananee."
When my family was packed up, we drove away. Goodbye, Mendocino. But: Hello, Berkeley!

No comments: