Sunday, May 15, 2011

Having Fun With Harp Seal

Some stuffed toys are really fun to play with. Some aren't. Kenna, my sister, and I both know that our stuffed toy harp seal pup, dubbed a "big fish" because of its resemblance to the fish, falls into the former category. The big fish is cute, and it provides a starting point for many interesting stories. Kenna and I also have a joke about this toy, so playing with it is quite fun.
Here's a picture of the real harp seal pup.
If you have multiple toys imitating the harp seal, you can have a little family. Kenna, after learning a few facts about this fascinating creature, claimed the smaller grey seal was the mother, while the larger white one was the baby.
Ongoing games provide yet more possibilities. The "big fish" was a welcome addition into a game that Kenna and I had been playing for a while before.
Also, I gained useful art skills in owning the pup. Now I am better at drawing harp seals.
These are all ways to play with toy harp seals. Can you think of some more?

No comments: